Thursday 16 April 2009

Rupeverett

I love Rupert Everett. I love that he released a Bowie-esque album of staggering ineptitude; I love that he is the basis for something called Dylan Dog; I love his insane affair with Sir Ian McKellan which basically began with him stalking McKellan until he gave in, and also his fucking Susan Sarandon; I love his insane and brilliant autobiography; and most of all, I think, I love his defining interpretations of Wilde's dandies in The Importance of Being Earnest and An Ideal Husband.

Imagine my disappointment when I heard the internet gays chattering frantically about his new face-lift. "Makes Joan Rivers look eau naturelle." "DILF to ‘Daddy im Scared’ in seconds." It was with some trepidation that I opened the link:
My eyes! My beautiful eyes! I am inconsolable. He looks like he's dressed up as Zac Efron for Hallowe'en.
Full marks for faghag bagging numbers one and two on the list of all time amazing women, but christ! But perhaps these are particularly bad pics: in real life he seems not quite so damaged, as this video evidences:


Evs is still pretty smokin' so I'll cool my jets. But please for the love of god no more. Men age so beautifully. And male actors can look like a crock of shit and still get work. Speaking of work, RE's soon going to be playing Lord Byron in a Channel 4 documentary. (NSFW: article features a horse giving Rupes a blowie.) Not the perfect casting, but I would like to see Ben Whishaw as Keats and David Tennant as Charles Lamb - thanking you, please.

No comments: